- To create a visible, viable and productive research organization;
- To achieve a high level and quality of scholarly output;
- To enhance capacity in the field;
- To work with decision makers to achieve robust policy solutions;
- To integrate health services and policy research into the activities of the Faculty of Health Sciences and the wider University community; and
- To create productive collaborations with researchers elsewhere in Canada and abroad.
Set within a Faculty of Health Sciences and working in partnership with other academic institutions, government, and the private sector, CHSPR aspires to international recognition as an interdisciplinary research and teaching unit. It is dedicated to the production and dissemination of applied and theoretical knowledge on both health services and policy.